Barker House
Barker House

Address | 25 Salem Rd |
MACRIS ID | BIL.292 |
Built | 1801 |
Moved | 1848 |
New Address | 44 High St |
In the 1800s, the Corner was bustling with taverns and shops, taking advantage of the major bridge crossing of the Concord River. This structure was likely built by Stephen Barrett as a shop, right at the corner, across the street from the Tavern at the Corner. The store was sold from Barrett to Moses Griffin to Timothy Davis over the years, following the same owners as the Stephen Barrett House.
Likely in 1848 (and certainly by the 1853 map), when it sold to Ebenezer Cowdrey, the store was relocated to North Billerica. George H. Barker with his family was living there in the 1850 census.